Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby Stroller Re-Cover

My friend Teddi called me up and asked if I was interested in working on a project for her, and was I ever.  This little baby stroller is adorable.  Not a little umbrella stroller like we're used to seeing, this stroller was very similar in design to the full size navy stroller I covered here.

It started out like this and it was in pretty rough shape.  The fabric was torn in a bunch of places and it was really dirty and just plain boring.

I took the old cover apart and used those pieces as my pattern.  I then cut pieces out of my new fabric and put them back together.  The solid pink is broadcloth that I doubled up and I finished all the edges with narrow pink bias tape, it's secured to the frame with heavy duty snaps.  The original had a seat belt for dolls but it closed with D-rings.  I can't really imagine a child being able to use D-rings so I replaced them with the kind of clip you'd use on a high chair.  I know all my nieces love clipping and un-clipping those so I think it's a nice improvements.  I think this stroller is adorable so I'm going to show you a bunch of after photos.


I put a doll in this one so you can see the size and how the belt clips.


Love how the handle changes position.


Now all I need to do is find another one of these for Catie because she loves it.  She won't stop pushing it around and she keeps putting random things in it.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I had this exact stroller as I kid... it was awesome. The seat even reclines! I used to put my baby brother in it and push him around. He is probably what broke it! Nice Recover

Sharon said...

It turned out great!

chris said...

You did a wonderful job! I love the fabrics you chose. It looks better than the original.

Anonymous said...

ah this is so adorable! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! I am actually going to feature this so look for a post and come get a banner! :)

huana said...

You did a great job,this is beautiful!

Sassy Sites! said...

Too cute! I love the fabric you chose!! Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites- Trash to Treasure Tuesday! We are doing a LABEL giveaway today, so come back and check it out!

xoxo!
Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Unknown said...

You are amazing. WOW!! Great job!!

AUDRA said...

That doll stroller is fantastic. Where in the world did she find one that is so sturdy?
This came out fantastic. Great job! Thanks for linking up to Socialize with me Monday til Sunday!

AllieMakes! said...

SO awesome! That is a phenominal stroller! How fun!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Ashlee Marie said...

This is an amazing recover!!! It's so lovely, and all the attention to details, the snaps, buttons, etc.. are wonderful. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays! I'm featuring this tonight!

James Velayudam said...

You did a great job! I love the colour of the fabric you chose. Now that baby stroller looks even better than the original.

Just Babies and Momms said...

The doll stroller refurbishment is fantastic. to buy Doll stroller visit babystore.ae