Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

This was my first real Mother's Day and the day did not disappoint. At church the men all sang to us and it was lovely, my favorite part being how still Catie sat during it. I also came home with a lovely flower.

While we're here in Lethbridge being poor students we've scaled back a lot of celebrations. Birthday gifts are minimal and for smaller holidays like Valentine's Day and our Anniversary we don't do anything. I was sure to tell Brad that Mother's Day is not a skippable holiday though and he did such a wonderful job.

He bought my the best present (there were multiple but one stands above the rest). He bought me these beautiful, pink, pearl head pins.



I'm thrilled with them and had a hard time paying attention to anything else. He included some really cute ribbon (I was very impressed that he picked it out himself) and a new knife for the kitchen. There was also some chocolate.

He's the best husband I could have hoped for and I'm grateful for him every day. Somehow I was blessed with the most beautiful, delightfully well tempered girl who is a joy to mother and I have a nearly perfect husband to go with it. I can't believe how blessed I've been with our little family and I look forward to Father's Day so I can make Brad feel just as special.

2 comments:

Jolayne said...

You do have a pretty awesome husband.

Amanda said...

AHHH! I LOVE Catie's shoes!!!!!!!
Glad your day was so nice!