Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Relief

I've discovered the best temporary relief for every and all uncomfortable pregnancy symptom. Swimming.

I've always really liked to swim so I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner but never have I felt more weightless and graceful and cool and comfortable then when I slipped into that pool this weekend. My feet returned to their natural size, I was able to throw my nephew around a little (at his request of course) and for a little while I could feel like my old self. I did make my Mom a little nervous by jumping off the diving board but what's a trip to the Magrath pool with out it.

The feeling was so great that we recreated it last night with a trip to Cardel and nothing could have snapped me out of my awful mood quicker. I see many return trips in the remaining 7 weeks. The only drawback is how extremely heavy I feel upon exiting the pool, it takes some time to get used to all that weight again.
L

0 comments: