Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

I’m not sure I believe in what many women call pregnancy brain and have suspected it’s just a myth to explain silly everyday behavior but I’m finding it harder to deny these days.

It was my Mother-in-law’s birthday so that means we all get together for dinner and plans are made through a mass email chain. The plans were set for Monday (yesterday) and we were excited.

Sunday my Father-in-law calls to confirm that I’m making a cake for dessert… what? A cake? This is definitely the first I’ve heard of it and I must not have got that email. Brad knew about it but said he forgot to mention it. It’s okay, Father-in-law has a back-up and I’m off the hook.

The thought of this cake keeps coming back though and I keep wondering how I missed the email, so I double check… I definitely did get the email and I’m certain I even read it; the cake part just went in one ear and out the other. Didn’t sound familiar and I made no initial plans, that’s definitely not like me.

Then today, I’m working on a project and later in the morning I try to confirm some details, only the person I confirm with has no idea what I’m talking about. It’s not their project at all and despite me clearly remembering talking to her about it, it really wasn’t her.

I need to pull myself together, this is getting embarrassing.
L

4 comments:

Michelle said...

so actual baby fact...in one of my pregnancy books it tells you that when you are pregnant you brain actually shrinks...seriously. I was a little scared cause I wanted to know if it shunk 3 times the "regular" shrinkage when I was pregnant with the triplets. Oh and not to scare you....I have yet to find all the brain cells that shrunk when i was pregnant with taylor let alone the triplets. Its just a good excuse to be just a little more crazy

Michelle at peek-a-boob said...

Yeah, the best part about pregnancy brain is that it's followed by mommy brain, and I'm not sure which is worse!

Kim said...

I was going to chat with you after choir on Sunday, but as you could tell Brianne was passed tired, so we left early. Not that I was all that opposed to leaving, I am having a hard time getting excited about the practices this time around. Most of the songs are one's we have done before at various things and some of them I'm not sure I like. Anyway, maybe I'll catch up with you next time. We plan to leave Brianne with the Hawryluk's for the evening.

As far as pregnancy brain goes, I have a bad memory at the best of times - and pregnancy just made it worse - it was awful!

Jenn said...

I remind my self more and more of Mom everyday. You know . . . can't remember my kids names, forget what I was saying in mid-sentence, etc. It really kind of freaks me out, actually.